Arrivals by Public Transport
The Gables can be reached easily by the local bus service with runs every 20 minutes from Windermere. The bus station is only a five minute walk from the house.
Local taxis are available: Kevins Taxis 015394 32371 Lakes Taxis 015394 46777
Arrivals and Car Parking
We are fortunate to have a tarmac car park to the side of the building but unfortunately we only have limited parking spaces which will accommodate 7 vehicles.
Main Entrance & Reception
Check in time is between 4-8pm.
Please enter the house by using the front door. There is no other access for guests. Please note there are 5 steps to the front door. They are approximately 17cm in height. The front door has a width of approx 98cm and is kept closed.
On arrival please ring the bell at the front door or reception. You will be greeted by the proprietors who will give you your house keys to enable you to come and go at leisure. Please inform us if you need help with luggage.
Guests may come and go during the day and evening and there is no night time curfew. Our guests are asked to be considerate to each other regarding noise levels.
The breakfast room and residents conservatory are located on the ground floor.
The hallway has original wooden oak floors - all other areas offer wall to wall carpet.
All toilets are situated in guest bedrooms - there is no downstairs toilet for general use.
The hallway offers leaflets from the local tourist information centre on what to do.
Table sizes are individually set according to party sizes and can easily be rearranged to suit guests who wish to sit together.
Our small resident's conservatory comfortably seats 6. This area has lots of natural light for reading and there is a selection of books, magazines and games for our guests use.
- Ground Floor Room 14 - a twin room with ensuite bathroom (bath over shower)
- Room 15 - a double room with ensuite bathroom (bath over shower)
To get to the first floor there are two flights of 18 stairs measuring 26cm in depth and 17cm high. One staircase has a handrail on the left and the other on the right.
- This landing accommodates: Room 1 - a double/twin or family 3 room with ensuite bathroom (shower over bath)
- Room 2 - a double/twin or family 3 room with ensuite bathroom (shower over bath)
- Room 3 - a double room with ensuite shower room
- Room 4 - a single room with ensuite bathroom (shower over bath)
- Room 5 - a double/twin or family 4 room with ensuite bathroom (shower over bath)
- Room 6 - a kingsize four poster room with ensuite shower room
To get to the rooms below there is a flight of 16 stairs measuring approx 26cm in depth and 17cm high with the handrail on the left hand side
- This landing accommodates: Room 7 - a double room with ensuite shower room
- Room 8 - a double/twin or family 3 room with ensuite shower room
- Room 9 - a single room with ensuite bathroom (shower over bath). This bathroom has two steps measuring 17cm in height with limited head room.
To get to the rooms below there is a flight of 16 stairs measuring approx 26cm in depth and 17cm high with the handrail on the right hand side.
- This landing accommodates: Room 10 - a single room with ensuite bathroom (shower over bath)
- Room 11 - a double room with ensuite bathroom (shower over bath
- Room 12 - a double room with ensuite shower room
Internet Access, etc
We are able to offer our guests free broadband connections in public areas.
Mobile phone reception is generally available throughout the house.
For Your Reassurance
A fire alarm is fitted with call point and smoke detectors.
A sounder will sound if you need to evacuate the building. The designated assembly point is at the church gates.
Fire extinguishers are situated at certain points throughout the premises.
All electrical items available for you use - hairdryers, kettles and irons are tested to ensure they comply with the British Safety Standards.
All sockets, plugs, wiring and cords are maintained by a PAP certified electrician on an annual basis. Fire alarms are tested weekly and maintained by professionals as are the fire extinguishers.
Smoked is not permitted inside the property.
This room is situated to the left of Reception and also contains the iron and ironing board.