Book direct for the very best guaranteed price
Welcome to The Gables B&B in Ambleside
Mark and Sharyn would like to welcome you to our beautiful Victorian guesthouse The Gables set in the very heart of Ambleside where we have lived since 2006 with our family. The house occupies a prominent site in Ambleside, on the edge of the central area with fine open views across parkland to the fells beyond. Together with our wonderful team we are more than happy to help in any way to make your stay as relaxing and enjoyable as possible in our comfortable bed and breakfast.
The house is stylishly furnished and decorated with all the usual amenities you would expect of a modern B&B with the added bonus of some private parking and don't worry if our parking is full - we will always direct you to alternative free options. We are just minutes away from the very heart of Ambleside with its shops, restaurants, Zeffirellis five cinema screens and many attractions or get away from the bustle of the town by heading to the hills without ever having to move the car.
Enjoy our new style 'Picnic' breakfast and our spacious dining room now provides a place in the evening to eat takeaway food or to heat ready meals but if you prefer to dine out, we also own Sheila's Cottage Restaurant and Tearoom in the centre of the village.
Key Features of The Gables
- central location in Ambleside
- contemporary interior and friendly atmosphere
- locally sourced Lakeland breakfast with vegetarian options
- secure bike storage and drying room
- two family rooms
- dog friendly (2 specific rooms) - must be booked by telephoning us and there is a charge per stay
- limited parking available - for guests who book directly with us via telephone or our own website, spaces are not guaranteed and cannot be prebooked however you will get priority over bookings through outside agencies. Vans, crew-cabs, minibuses & campervans cannot be accommodated in our car park
- free wifi throughout the house