Welcome to The Gables B&B in Ambleside
Our Ambleside Guest House is popular with Lake District visitors and enjoys a fine reputation for good service and comfortable bed and breakfast accommodation in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. The house occupies a wonderful site in Ambleside, on the edge of the central area with fine open views across parkland to the fells beyond.
The house is sylishly furnished and decorated with all the usual amenities you would expect of a modern B&B with the added bonus of some private parking. We are just minutes away from the very heart of Ambleside with its shops, restaurants, Zeffirellis five cinema screens and many attractions or get away from the bustle of the town by heading to the hills without ever having to move the car.
Our spacious dining room provides a grand setting for our extensive breakfast menu and we also own Sheila's Cottage Restaurant and Tearoom in the centre of the village and all our guests are offered special VIP perks when you dine there AND you can visit the nearby Langdale Spa with its wonderful leisure and spa facilities with our free day passes. For that special celebratory occasion we can arrange flowers, handmade chocolates and a fine selection of wines including Champagne and Prosecco so please call for more information and prices.
In summary, here are the main reasons why we think you should choose the Gables as your Ambleside B&B:
- central location in Ambleside
- comfortable, contemporary interior and friendly atmosphere
- locally sourced Lakeland breakfast with vegetarian options
- secure bike storage and drying room
- child friendly
- dog friendly (2 rooms) - must be booked directly with us
- restaurant with discounts for guests
- limited parking available - for guests who book directly with us via telephone or our own website. Vans, crew-cabs, minibuses & campervans cannot be accommodated in our car park
- free wifi in public areas
- free spa passes to Langdale Hotel & Spa